Monday, June 11, 2012

San Francisco

I'm now in San Francisco, CA. My hands on skills are atrophied, so finding the right position is going to take some time. In the meantime, I am looking for a patent office* job so I can focus on personal and career development without becoming consumed; along the lines of a 40 hour work week in a position that I am overqualified for, so that I can focus on building my skill set and also develop some side projects I have been working on.

Of course I am always open to new opportunities, so if you have one that you think might pique my interest and/or can benefit from my background, please let me know.



*While I am no Einstein, I agree with the logic of working in a position that doesn't consume all my energy, creative or otherwise.

http://www.aip.org/history/einstein/early3.htm:

"Finally he got a position at the Swiss Patent Office in Bern. It was "a kind of salvation," he said. The regular salary and the stimulating work evaluating patent claims freed Einstein. He now had time to devote his thought to the most basic problems of physics of his time, and began to publish scientific papers."

No comments: